If it is your first time visiting a CPA, please bring your last three year’s tax returns.  This allows the CPA to review the returns to find opportunities for amendments which could result in refunds.  You also need your tax documents you receive that relate to your current tax return such as W-2s and 1099s.  If you purchased or sold a home during the year, bring a copy of the closing documents.  If you started or purchased a business or property, we want to see all documents related to it.

If you have other questions about what records to bring or the preparation of your tax return call the Tax professionals at Ketel Thorstenson today, 605-342-5630.

To listen to Kevin Sickels and the audio version of this blog press play.