QuickBooks 2019 Discontinuation Scheduled
Intuit announced that they are discontinuing an older version of QuickBooks. If you are using QuickBooks 2019 then you won’t be able to use certain services and features after May 31, 2022.
This is particularly important when you consider that Intuit announced that starting with QuickBooks 2022, the desktop version will only be available as a subscription moving forward.
What this means is that for the QuickBooks 2019 desktop products, after that date:
- QuickBooks 2019 will continue to work after this date, for basic accounting functions.
- Any service that relies on an Intuit server (such as desktop payroll, online banking, etc.) will no longer be functional in this release.
- Live technical support for this product will no longer be available from Intuit.
- Intuit will not guarantee that you can register products or retrieve keycodes.
- There will be no further maintenance or security updates to the program.
This applies to the following products:
- QuickBooks Pro 2019
- QuickBooks Premier 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2019
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions V19
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019
If loss of any of these services are a problem for your business, you can upgrade to a more current version to continue getting support.
If you are a client of Ketel Thorstenson and have questions about your QuickBooks products, please contact your advisor.