Steph L. McCoy
Manager HR Department
- Kristy DeGering – Recruiter
Steph was wooed to the firm in July 2022 by her sister, Sarah Davis. She transitioned from her 13-year career with the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office where she served as the Director of Administrative Services. Trading gun belts for calculators, Steph’s background brings diverse experience to our team. She has experience serving employers and assisting employees in the public, private, for-profit, and non-profit sectors. This includes outside-of-the-box thinking for non-traditional staffing, navigating complex employment issues, and working to create the best environment where employees enjoy work while meeting the company’s mission.
Steph has additional work experience as an Adjunct Professor for Western Dakota Technical Institute, City of Summerset City Commission, and is a partner in 605 Employment & Consulting Services, LLC. She has also experienced one tournament as a soccer referee, but it remains to be determined if she will try that again!
- BS in Interdisciplinary Science & Technology – SDSM&T
- Masters in Health/Health Care Administration/Management – USD
- Society of Human Resources Senior Certified Professional
- Fountain Springs Church
- Sturgis Scooper Basketball
- Enchanted Evenings Special Needs Prom
- Fork Real Café
- Black Hills Rapids Soccer Club
- Seventh Circuit CASA
- United Way of the Black Hills
- Former board member
Growing up east river, Steph opted for less mosquitoes and low humidity, and headed west to make Summerset her home. Steph and her husband enjoy raising their two daughters in the Black Hills, playing sports, cooking, and hiking.